2/16/2012

What I'm Learning From The Goddess Brigit

This is Brigit's season and I have never felt her presence so strong in my life. Well, yes, that could be because I've never tried to connect with her before. And it could be because I never really celebrated Imbolc or this season before. But I am so happy that I am today.


One of the reasons I so strongly wanted to activily practice Wicca again was because I needed the guidence of Spirit to provide me with the lessons I needed to learn to get healthy again. Mentally healthy. And to become a person that I can be proud of. Just as many people turn to thier spirituality when they need healing, I am doing the same.


Almost every morning I take part in a daily devotional ritual, which takes anywhere between five to fifteen minutes. It all depends on my mood, my schedule, and how long the Gods keep me there. Although I don't do this every day, I wish I did. On the days I don't have this quiet time with my Gods, I always sort of feel off-kilter. I'm so glad I had my ritual this morning.


I have a beautiful image of Brigit above my alter. In fact, this is the exact image:



And as I was meditating and thinking about the words I say during my daily ritual I knew She was helping me sort out some issues.

I have added special wording within my ritual to help me remember to see the beauty in every one and every thing and to make the right choices to live in perfect love and perfect trust. Part of the reason for this is that I have a child with several neurological disorders and he is always challenging me, whether he knows it or not. And over the  years, I just come to expect the worst. I need to let go of this attitude and learn to be more patient with him when he needs me to be and remember that he has troubles and is a bit immature for his age. But we all know how hard it is to change things like this that have become almost instinct. I don't want to yell anymore and I just want to love him even more than I do now, no matter how bad his behavior is.

Brigit reminded me of the Charge Of The Goddess.. this line that keeps echoing in my head over and over for the past couple months, which is "If that which thous seekest thou findest not within thee, thou wilt never find it without thee"  And this line I continually meditate upon. It's telling me that if I can't first find the love and compasion and patience within me, how can I then share it with others? If I can't FEEL the Universal Love within me, I will not be able to feel it from others, including my  Gods and my children. And I will not be able to be the mother or the person I want to be until I feel that I am that person already in my heart.

And it ties in with Brigits fire because that fire of passion and love must be contiously burning within me, and then I can share it with others. Passing along a piece of my fire.. aka.. sharing the Universal Love with others...When I share my internal fire with others, what is burning inside me will grow to replace what I have shared, because that is the nature of fire. And that person will now have a small piece of the Universal Love Flame that will grow within them, just as the natural will of fire is to burn big and bright and it will grow big enough to fill up that person's soul just as it fills mine.

As with everything in and of this world, we are all connected, which is why Brigit is showing me how my desire to be more loving must start within me, as a flame in my soul, just as She shows her flame. And then I can share that flame with others as She shares hers. But I first have to find and kindle my flame and be the person I want to be before I can then share with others. I will not find what I am looking for anywhere but within myself. It's a lesson in the energy of Fire, in the emotion of love and compasion and forgivness, and also an inspiration to continue to learn how to be the best I can be with the help of the Ancient Ones. And I belive this is one of the Wiccan Mysteries that I am meant to learn and continue to learn more about.

Do you have a daily ritual, meditation, or affirmation? How has it helped you as a Wiccan or as a person? Have you been able to connect with a specific Deity through this process? I'd love to hear about some of your stories!!

Until next time, may you be guided and protected by the light of the sun and the moon,
Aria

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Share Your Thoughts Here: